Monday, July 28, 2008

an actually weekend, yes I Saturday and Sunday off, well that is if you don't count the 2 hours at the post office, but it did mean I did have Sunday off which I don't usually get. I ended up working Friday you see although it turned out they didn't really need me there but hey it worked for me!!!
Didn't really get up to much though, we did go out on Sunday as Alexander needed new school shoes but he didn't come as he had organised to go to a friends house and well he hasn't ever gone to a friends before so we couldn't say no. He did really well out of the whole thing actually, he got new shoes some extra rugby shorts ($5) and a new duvet cover all without even being there!! He did miss out on Subway for lunch though, which was great although they need to make a 8-10 inch one as I can eat a 6 no problems but the 12 is a struggle but you know how I hate wasted food. I could've saved it for later but it wouldn't have been the same. Laura had her first real one as well, I think she has had a basic kids ham one before but this time she had one like us minus a few things of course. She enjoyed it too and said thanks about 3 times I think.LOL
I did want to do one of the challenge that are about but well I don't have enough Hero Arts stamps to make a cool wrap around card like what is required this week. Click here to see them.
The Friday night challenge at the Sketchbook was to do a seasonal layout but I didn't really have any photos printed that were suitable, so I spent a long time trying to upload some photos so that I can get them printed, still haven't finished. I did manage to start a layout with an extra photo I had of Alexander's birthday last year, which I just need to finish. It is so good when you have a sketch to work from and it all just comes together. the page hasn't really taken that long, choosing the background colour probably took the longest!! Okay enough rambling for now. Hope everyone is having a good day and talk to you soon.
Fiona

No comments: