Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hey there, what's up?? Well another weekend has been and gone, gosh its mid week already. Not alot exciting happened here on the weekend. Alexander had rugby on Saturday morning and we were lying in bed listening to the rain pour down thinking it won't be on, and kinda waiting for the phone to ring to say it was off but it didn't and it stopped raining by the time he played. It was a such a good game from both teams that it was a draw. The coach was pretty impressed, and wanted to know what some of them had for breakfast!!

Came home made some lunch, whipped up some pizzas, yummy too. Then I tried to scrap the photos that have been on my desk for the last month or so but couldn't find any two pieces of card stock in the colour that I wanted as I was doing a double layout and then remembered that Scappin Patch who are sponsoring the Friday night challenges on the sketch book are local. So I looked up to see exactly where they were and what time they closed. so off I went armed with my two pieces of card stock hoping to match them up. Found the place easy enough, and even managed to match my card stock up straight away, but I didn't leave straight away as there was some really cool stuff to look at. Of course you know me I didn't buy anything, although I was tempted. well actually I did grab a white glaze pen and a piece of pattern paper that was on special that I can use on my layout. I must say that the service was lovely and friendly and not pushy, as I often go into a scrap shop and just look but leave feeling a little awkward since i didn't buy anything or only one little thing, didn't get that here.

Funny thing is though, I didn't end up finishing my layout as I helped Laura wrap the girl next door's birthday present and then watched a movie with Justin. I did stamp on the wrapping paper to make it more girly and interesting. It was stripey and I added some flowers., looked cool. I also did my nieces paper while I was there since her brothers present will be wrapped in the same stripey paper.

Laura is dancing today all day, she is been at a dancing thing at school all day till 4:30 then she has dance from 6pm till 7:30pm. they have changed the time this term and the venue which makes it a little trickier for us, although it does mean I get some more time at home so I can get a few things sorted like updating my blog. Just means dinner for Laura and I will be later.

Okay better liven this up with a picture lets see...
.... this is a card I made the other day using Heidi grace clear stamps, Stampin Up cool Caribbean ink, black ink and some scraps of card stock.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for mentioning us in your blog, and also for placing a link to our store on your blog. We would love to send you a RAk but we need your mailing address. Can you please email us at sales@scrappinpatch.co.nz.

Many thanks