Sunday, December 21, 2008

over a month

since I last posted! It has been fairly busy as you all know how this time of year can be. On Thursday Laura had her final dance concert although we have the awards thing this afternoon where we have to dress up like we are going to the Oscars. So I have been busy driving her to all her extra practices for the concerts. i would drive home open the garage door the kids would come out and we would go again ( I didn't even make it inside) and would get home about 7:30-8pm. So no time for blogging. The new job is okay there have been times when I am not sure what I am suppose to be doing. I think because I already worked there they just assume I am suppose to know what needs doing. We have also had the street Christmas party from which I didn't get home until 1am! I had to go to work at 7am the next morning, lets just say I was a bit slow. Interesting night though, I had fun anyway.
We have also had both our work dinners, mine was first and at Winnie bagoes in town on a Sunday night. Justin's was in Auckland at a place called Mecca stone house in mission bay. they flew us up for the night. It was a good night, Justin was quite happy when he came back from his meetings to get me for dinner. Then we didn't get to stay as we had to fly back as Laura's dance concert was the same weekend. She was there on Saturday from 10am till about 8:50pm and by the time we got home and to bed it was about 10pm. we went to the show on Sunday, it was pretty good, very long but good. Everyone has commented on how much Laura has improved and come out of her shell. She even had a one line singing solo! She was excited about it and nervous at the same time. She told me that the best show would be the Saturday night one as she wouldn't have anyone she knew watching it! Not sure if that was true or not, never did ask.
Alexander has been okay, actually he has been pretty quiet. I think the late nights have been a bit much for him. one day when we drove in he fell asleep and had a good hour's sleep in the back of my car until Justin picked him up after work. It is not surprising as he is up most mornings between 6-7am!
Christmas is fast approaching, we have a fake tree for the first time which the boys helped me put up (Laura was at her friends) It is a white one that I brought from work last year in the clearance sale. It sat in the middle of the floor for about a week until I got around to decorating it, as I wanted blue decorations which my Mum kindly donated! and I brought some as well. Managed to start and finish my shopping this week. I think I only have the parents to get something for. My Mum is the hardest. Okay so that is the shortened monthly catch up. what about all of you? What's been happening. You're all so quiet, I guess you have been busy too. Take care,

No comments: